RE: [RC] Education for distance riders - Steph Teeter

hmmm... another great proposal to present to AERC and the Education :)

Steph

(really - it's all about one or more individuals wanting something enough to
MAKE IT HAPPEN)

I suggest that the AERC creates a program and repository of educational
tools to help us educate new groups effectively.

Our primary need is for a simple training program structured to deliver
appropriate information methodically, in a logical order. I need a graduated
training plan to help me develop any newcomers I manage to inspire into
successful endurance riders.

That basic training program can be augmented over time by capturing
lectures, seminars and presentations in the form of slide presentations and
videos.

A set of Endurance Basics videos would help explain essentials (i.e., what
is endurance, common endurance terminology, getting started etc.), and that
would have to be a special effort, but comprehensive presentations on
feeding, electrolytes, endurance logistics, conditioning programs etc are
given at various AERC functions each year. Our vets, ride managers and
senior riders prepare and present a *lot* of invaluable information! An
incentive program could reward capturing, preserving and sharing those
materials as an educational resource.