Re: [RC] Need opinions - Truman Prevatt

That's the third option - one I'd use - get off his back and walk with him a ways and get back on and ride in. It is amazing how quickly they can get their second wind when you get, loosen the girth and walk for a couple miles.

Truman

    So, I'd jump off of him, slack cinch, pour one of my water bottles into my collapsible bucket, he'd drink it all down and I'd walk smartly dismounted for a half a mile or so, his attitude would pick up, I'd tighten cinch, remount and trot on in.
    ...and as we trotted, he would oxygenate his blood, his ears would perk up and we would find the end of the day.
---Frank