[RC] Older horses/small horses - Wendy Mancini

    I too remember when you wouldn't buy a horse over 8.  What a long way we have come that we can now enjoy partnerships with our horses well into their 30s.
    My QH, Jim,  is 14H3 and has 0 fronts & 00 hinds.  His first career was as a cow horse, team penning & barrel racing I was told.  I sort of inherited him at the age of 14.   At 18 he did his first 25 CTR.  This year, 19, we completed 600 mi endurance & now at 20 he is at the gate looking every day as if to say "Are we going on adventure today?"   He seems to love every aspect of endurance from camp to meeting other horses and the challenge of new trails.  He even seems to think the trailer ride is an adventure.