[RC] anyone remember -- 80's 400 mile pioneer ride? - Karen Bratcher

Silly question, was there a Pioneer-type ride in the 1980's, that was something grueling like 400 miles, 80 miles a day for 5 consecutive days?  It was supposedly somewhere in the west (not the AERC West region, I mean western U.S. as opposed to midwest or eastern U.S.) but I don't know where precisely.  I don't know if it was sanctioned by any distance organizations.  Just trying to verify a story I heard.

Karen Bratcher
Athol, Idaho