[RC] Trucks again - wendy

Thanks for all your replies.  The Ford truck I have is an F150 5.4 litre V8 with heavy duty towing package, 4X4, limited slip differential and 6600 payload.  In other words it was supposed to be a hauling truck!  I didn't go with the F250 because the engine is the same, so at worst I expected to replace the wheel bearings, ball joints, brakes and other connecting pieces, but NOT the transmission or transfer case or front differential!  I even took my loaded rig (2-horse straight load aluminum gooseneck trailer) to the weigh-station and I am well within recommended guidelines.  I hear ya about the 3/4 ton being better if you can afford it, but when the engines are the same in the two vehicles and the 1/2 ton has all heavy duty components, I was told it would be okay.  The new Chev and GMC heavy duty trucks are advertising "nearly 3/4 ton hauling capabilities in a 1/2 ton truck".  It's a bit confusing to say the least.
Thanks for all your replies.
Wendy