[RC] Flouroscopic Examination - Val Nicoson

The veterinarian/chiropractor has recommended a
flouroscopic examination for the rear leg of my mare
and am wondering what this entails and how does it
determine what the heck is going on?

She was laid up for a stifle sprain and then we
followed the vet/chiro recommendations for recovery.
She had recovered quite well and had progressed to
doing light work under saddle.  About a month ago the
vet/chiro encouraged more work under saddle...just
more w-t-c work in addition to some light spiraling
exercises in the arena.
We did some of the light arena work and rode about 6
miles over 2 days (she said it'd be alright to do so)
and since my mare has gone lame again.  She is as lame
now as she was 9 months ago!
The vet/chiro is very good and is dumbfounded by this.
So she suggested the flouroscopic examination of her
entire right rear lame leg after viewing her on the
lunge line and also after performing a flexion test on
that leg.
Called a vet clinic and they are suggesting we go with
a nerve block and other tests first.  Personally do
not feel anything will be identified with a nerve
block and that the fluoroscopic exam will be the
determining test.  Vet/chiro feels this will determine
if my mare will be able to do distance riding again or
not.  Still don't know what it can tell us though.
Any one else with suggestions or opinions on these
tests that could shed some light on this for us?

Thanks in advance,
Val + Sania