[RC] The Land of The Sun Endurance Ride (kind of long) - RBle455589

Good morning ridecamp I very seldom have post here I more or less just kind of
lurk in the background. But today I have to say thank you to a Ride Manager and
Assistant Ride Manager that went way out of their way and well above the call
of duty to do something nice.

I had planned on doing the 50 miler and my daughter the 25 miler at the ride,
paid for the ride when I first got the entry back in November, then on Dec 3rd
2002 I was diagnosed with breast cancer and new I had a series of surgeries and
treatments I needed to go through, so there was no way I would be able to make
the ride.

I called Robin the ride manager and explain to her that I had already paid for
the ride and what my prognosis was and could I please have my entry fee
returned.  Not only did she return my entry fee but send me a couple of
T-shirts from this years ride, one for me and one for my daughter. I was
thrilled, overwhelmed with emotions at her kind gesture. I send her a thank you
note and made a mental note in my mind that I would be there next year no
matter what.

This ride is kind of special to me, it was the first Endurance Ride I did when
I started riding endurance. Well the ride went the 25th of January and it was
on my mind all day, even wore the T-shirt that day, while my daughter and I
were able to do a small trail ride I don't have much energy these days but I'll
get back to it.

Anyway Saturday the 1st of Feb the mailman left me a notice saying that I had a
package at the post office, not knowing who it was from I send my husband on
Monday down to pick it up, to my surprise it was from Robin and Nancy Ride
Manager and Assistant Ride Manager of the Land of the Sun Ride, in the box was
two water buckets, two water bottles, a poster from the ride with over 60
signatures from all the riders at the ride wishing me a speedy recovery and a
card from Robin and Nancy telling me about the ride, the awards they send me
and telling me I was missed, and about the signatures on the poster.

I will always treasure the poster, it's hard to explain the overwhelming
feeling I have, I can say that I'm proud to be part of such a great bunch of
people that endurance riders, managers etc are. Ladies my hat off to you for
your kindness, thoughtfullnes and caring, I will be there next year with bells
on no matter what, and for those of you that are close to the PS and can attend
this ride the sceneary is beautiful, the you couldd not ask for a better Ride
Manager and Assistant Manager and a great bunch of volunteers that put this
ride on.

Once again thank you from the bottom of my heart from myself and my daughter.

Vivian Blevins