Re: [RC] Re:pacing anglo - Heidi Smith

>Ok, so what do you think the offspring would do if you bred Truman's mare to Heidi's stallion?  I know you can never tell, but it seems like the odds would be for a smoother -riding horse than most Arabs with possibly more toughness than most TWH?  Heidi, have you ever bred your boy to a gaited horse to see how his gait would be expressed?

Considering that I can get gaitedness breeding him to other purebred Arabs of similar lineage, and given the similarity in gaits, I suspect you'd have a good chance of a gaited half-Arab half-TWH if you did this.

I bred "Junior" to RT Muffin's mother and got a mare that gaits occasionally just free in the pasture--and her daughter (coming two) by another old-line stallion gaits even more than she does.

Heidi