Re: [RC] odd gaited horse - Heidi Smith

Don't forget that many Arabs used to be trained for 5-gaited classes.  I've ridden several that amble, and while I've personally not ridden any that rack, history certainly tells us that many were quite capable of learning to rack.  Some lines are more proficient at learning different gaits than others as well.

Heidi

----- Original Message -----
From: Linda
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 4:39 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] odd gaited horse

    I have ridden an arab mare that racked!  (pure arab, kemosabi grandaughter)   She wouldn't hold it for long, but I knew I was feeling a rack.  She belonged to a friend that I was riding with, so I mentioned it.. she said "Yes, she racks.  I used to ride her with a walking horse and she picked it up."   Personally, I didn't think it possible, but she definately was racking.

Linda