[RC] Best New Saddles under $1,000 - Vchorsegal

Re: Best Saddles for under $1,000.

   If "hubby" is of a lighter frame- I love my Wintec 2000 w/ cair panels & adjustable gullets- 6 in all.  It runs about $550- so for about $675 you can rig it all up w/ ez rider stirrups, girth, leathers, etc.
   If you need a saddle for a middleweight rider on up- I like the Campbell Paragon- the tree runs wide and I think they are going out of business and they are cheap now- were $1,000, now maybe $700.  Very comfy !  If you need a similar saddle, but for a higher withered horse- the Collegiate is excellent.  Both the Paragon and Collegiate are what I call oversized English saddles, like the troopers use. ( Leather)
   If you need a western endurance saddle- try the Crates.  The semi-QH tree fits many Arabs, and Tbreds also.  It has a heavy structure for a larger rider to support their weight.  The tree is pared down and seems to have minimal shoulder interference.  It weighs about 21 lbs or so. Nicely crafted too !
   Good Luck and Happy Trails !  - Heidi Helly