Re: [RC] speaking of twh/mft - Thiessej

TWH, Mft and Saddlebreds were bred for their ability to single foot. For them to do this they tend to have lots of bone and tendon.It makes sense, for to carry the long toes and shoeing jobs that the show Saddlebreds and TWH have to survive would cripple lessor horses. ( Does not justifiy would they do to show horses).
I find that to condition an arab , from a cardio point of view they are fit long before the structure is ready for endurance( bone and tendon). With my Saddlebreds it takes longer to get their cardio vascular systems fit, but the bone and tendon is already there. I like the cross brcause it you can get the structure of a gaited horse and cardio of a Arab , then you can have an terrific endurance mount.

Jerald