[RC] About Hidalgo - Tracy Cann

I've read up on sites for and against the story being true and came up with this.  It seems that the guy read up on real events, changed the stories some or allot, and put himself in the stories instead of the real people who 'did the deeds'.  There isn't any evidence that the 'race in Arabia' happened but there were brutal races there at the time so maybe that's where he got that.  Also there was a phenomenal Paint/Mustang stallion running distance type races in those years named "Pinto" of all things.  Of course Frank Hopkins probably never saw the horse in person but maybe that's where he got "Hidalgo".  Who knows.  What's sad is that Hopkins took credit for things other people did.  Maybe the stories were "changed to protect the innocent" ha ha.  Regardless, I'm going to see the movie and can't wait.  Frank Hopkins and his wife (the main one who helped him perpetuate these stories) are long dead so it's not like they can benefit from me paying to see the movie.  It looks like a great movie and Viggo Mortensen being in it doesn't hurt either.  I can't really figure out what all the uproar is about anyway.  Just my opinion.

~Tracy~