Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.0949 - Deblyons54

In a message dated 12/24/2003 8:30:13 PM Mountain Standard Time, ridecamp-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
From: "Mike Sofen" <msofen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   new Fords versus older Fords

For any of you who have previously owned the previous style of Ford F250/350
trucks (1994-97) and now own the new style (1999 and up), do you feel that
there are noticeable and worthwhile improvements to the ride, handling,
braking, and/or fuel economy, or are they mostly a cosmetic improvement?

Mike Sofen
Santa Cruz, CA
Our first Ford diesel was an 85 3/4 ton. Our latest a Power Stroke Diesel 1 ton. No comparison. The old one was comfortable but I nearly had to unload horses and push the truck up steep hills. The new one takes steep hills at 70 mph towing a heavy camper and loaded 3 horse trailer. I barely even have to gear down.