[RC] Maced - goearth

I've been gassed by both sides.  Once, when i was the photographer in a Combat Engineer Battalion (91st Eng. Bn. C)in a place down on the Mall during Anti-War demonstrations in 1970 and we gassed them because they were throwing rocks and they threw it back thru the window and the entire Battalion was locked and loaded and had to don gas masks.  Our role was to protect the president and we stood our gaseous ground.  The second time was in 72 or so and i was a demonstrator protesting the VN War.  We were gassed and i'll never forget this Park Policeman riding his horse telling me it was illegal to blow a flute.  Not everyone that gets maced is bad, just look at John F. Kerrey who was one of the leaders of VVAW. Love Valley,  there is more to that story.  ts