[RC] protective boots - larry Miller

Here in sandy MI those who use boots, wash them regularly at vet checks and baby powder the boots and the horses' legs before the boots are put on.  Seems to work.  As for me, I don't use them because I figure the less used, the better.  Maggie will clip herself every now and then in front (pretty minor) when she gets to winging.  I solved that problem by using ground control shoes on her front.  So far I like them and plan on using them again.  Had to get use to hearing only clip clop in the back though and that took awhile!  One does what works for one's particular horse.  Jeanie