[RC] Top Ten Exercises to Become a Better Horseperson - RBluebirdpr

Had this awhile and thought I would share it.

10.  Drop heavy steel object on your foot.  Don't pick it up right away.  Shout, "Get Off!  GET OFF!!"
9.  Leap out of a moving vehicle and practice "relax into the fall."  Roll lithely into a ball and spring to your feet.
8.  Learn to grab your checkbook out of your purse and write $200 check without even looking down.
7.  Jog long distances carrying a halter and a carrot.  Go ahead and tell the neighbors what your are doing - they might as well know.
6.  Affix a pair of reins to a moving freight train and practice pulling to a halt, release and do again.  Smile as if your are having fun.
5.  Hone your fibbing skills:  "See, moving hay bales is FUN!" and "No, really I'm glad your lucky  performance and multimillion dollar horse won the class. I'm just thankful my hard work and actual ability won me second place".
4.  Practice dialing your chiropractor's number with both arms paralyzed to the shoulder and one foot anchoring the lead rope of a frisky endurance horse.
3.  Borrow the US Army's slogan:  Be All That You Can Be...bitten, thrown, kicked, slimed, trampled, frozen.....
2.  Lie face down in a puddle of mud in your most expensive riding clothes and repeat to yourself, "This is a learning experience, this is a learning experience, this is..."
1.  THE NUMBER ONE EXERCISE TO BECOME A BETTER EQUESTRIAN:
Marry money!!!!!

Phil