Re: [RC] Death Valley Encounter - Typef

We just bought a great little Coleman 3,000 btu heater that is for tents, campers and ice fishing huts. We plan to use it in the horse part of the trailer (we're lucky enough to just have bought an lq trailer) to dry blankets with and use as a backup in case our batteries die in the lq. It runs on disposable propane cannisters. Haven't tried it out yet, but we're going to DVE so it will get tested there. I got it online at Target.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Death Valley Encounter

In a message dated 12/19/2003 12:34:25 PM Pacific Standard Time, catfishdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Just wondered if any of you on ridecamp are doing the DVE next weekend.
Never did this ride, but heard it can get really cold.  True?  I'll be
there, so hopefully I'll run into some of you.
I'd love to do a winter desert ride but HATE being cold more than anything. I don't have a LQ trailer so just use the back of my slant load. Does anyone go that doesn't have a LQ? How do you stay warm at night...do inverters work on space heaters if you run your engine?

Mel