Re: [RC] What makes a horse gaited? - Sundaez

In a message dated 12/19/2003 12:45:47 PM Pacific Standard Time, karenellis3@xxxxxxx writes:
If we trot behind another horse that is trotting too slowly, she will pace.

Karen
It is possible to teach a pacey horse to trot slowly. I'm working on that on my gaited Morgan. Dressage lessons will help immensely. It's take almost a year to teach my mare to jog downhills. She'd want to hard pace and wow that is not good for them..nor you. All my gaited horses must know both trot and then their lateral gait.

Melanie