Re: [RC] [Guest] Historical Horses - Truman Prevatt

There were a couple of Triggers.  Trigger II's sire was a walking horse named Barker's Moonbeam. I believe that it is Trigger II that Roy Rodgers had stuffed.

Many of the horses used in the old western movies were walkers. Watch some of them and you see a lot of horses at the walk and a lot of them galloping but not a whole lot of trotting. If you know what you are looking far you can sure pick out a lot of walkers or saddlebreds in these movies.

BTW my mare also goes back to Barker's Moonbeam in the distanct past. Her mother was a palomino walker that could fly - in fact she could gallop as fast as any TB I rode as a kid. The mare was also no slouch when it came to a flat out gallop.

Truman

Elkenchild@xxxxxxx wrote:
And was Trigger a walker? I've always heard rumors of that. . .