Re: [RC] Robert E. Lee Re his mount Traveller - RBluebirdpr

In a message dated 12/18/2003 5:25:07 PM Eastern Standard Time, rides2far@xxxxxxxx writes:

According to my relatives they rode anything they got their hands on.
I've never heard anyone say Traveller "gaited". As a matter of fact I

I've always heard that Traveller was gaited.  In fact I recently visited Lee's grave and Traveller is buried within a few yards of Lee. The tour guide even mentioned that Traveller was thought to be a saddlebred or walker cross.

Phil