Re: [RC] "THE COMPANY YOU KEEP" - Karen J Zelinsky

Excellent!  Thank you.
Karen

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:37:49 -0700 "Cindy Collins"
<ccollins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Here's a little Christmas gift to Ridecamp.  I've been around this
sport
since 1978 and have kept company with some wolves and some
eagles...and,
have been both.  Hopefully, in my old age I have learned to discern
the
difference in both my behavior and theirs.  A special thank you to
Julie
Suhr, who always gave me someone to look up to, and to "the Duck"
who
scared me into eagle behavior!  Cindy

?THE COMPANY YOU KEEP?

ANONYMOUS

It Is Better To Be Alone, Than In The Wrong Company

Tell me who your best friends are, and I will tell you who you are.
If
you run with wolves, you will learn how to howl.  But, if you
associate
with eagles, you will learn how to soar to great heights.  ?A mirror
reflects a man?s face, but what he is really like is shown by the
kind of
friends he chooses.?  The simple but true fact of life is that you
become
like those with whom you closely associate ? for the good and the
bad.

The less you associate with some people, the more your life will
improve.
Any time you tolerate mediocrity in others, it increases your
mediocrity.
An important attribute in successful people is their impatience with
negative thinking and negative acting people.  As you grow, your
associates will change.  Some of your friends will not want you to
go on.
They will want you to stay where they are.  Friends that don?t help
you
climb will want you to crawl.  Your friends will stretch your vision
or
choke your dream.  Those that don?t increase you will eventually
decrease
you.  Consider this:

·       Never receive counsel from unproductive people.

·       Never discuss your problems with someone incapable of
contributing
to the solution, because those who never succeed themselves are
always
first to tell you how.  Not everyone has a right to speak into your
life.
You are certain to get the worst of the bargain when you exchange
ideas
with the wrong person.

·       Don?t follow anyone who?s not going anywhere.  With some
people
you spend an evening: with others you invest it.

·       Be careful where you stop to inquire for directions along
the road
of life.

·       Wise is the person who fortifies his life with the right
friendships.