[RC] burping horse - Erica R. DeVoti

Has anyone ever heard of a horse that burps?  (Not to be confused with "boops") :^).  Last winter we had alfalfa/grass mix and my anglo arab burped quite often.  My vet indicated he has never heard of a horse "burping".  We are now totally on grass, and no burps to speak of this winter, though last summer he "burped" during a ride last summer (grass only)--which quite surprised everyone in the ride group!  Of course, now it is winter stew time, and I am anxious it is some condition that will interfere in some way......Any thoughts? Thanks, Erica DeVoti
ponyexpress@ frontier.net