[RC] what makes you do this? - Ed Kilpatrick

well, i am just plain horse crazy!  when i was two years old, my mother would take me to the movies.  if there were horses in the movie, she said i would jump up and down in my seat and yell, HORSE! HORSE! HORSE!  my wife says i still do that!  i am 47 now.
it is exponentially less difficult for a horse to carry weight on its back than it is for a human bean (pun intended), because of the way the horse is built and the fact that it goes on four legs.  i would probably tire out a lot quicker carrying one of the grandchildren "piggyback" as opposed to getting down on my hands and knees and playing "horsey" with them.   yes, 50 miles is a long way, 100 miles is a heck of a long way, but i have seen horses ridden in pleasure trail rides and wagon train rides where the riders were in the saddle for 9-10 hours and they only covered about 20 miles.  that is rough on a horse too.  moreso than doing a 50 mile endurance ride in 5-6 hours.
i wouldnt need to go to a cockfight or dogfight to know that i would not approve of what i saw when i got there, even if someone asked me to come along to keep score.
we have a saying around here, goes something like this,  when we get attacked, CIRCLE THE  WAGONS! BUT MAKE SURE YOU DONT SHOOT TO THE INSIDE!    feliz navidad!   ed (cowboy) kilpatrick