Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 12:26 PM
Subject: Howard's rant to me

Howard and others,

To quote you, " I speak my mind."  Well, so do I!  I call a spade a spade.
You certainly have the right to voice your opinion as well as I do.  I have
no objections to you speaking your mind. However, in all your "tirades" you
appear to me to be just grasping at straws with no real objectivity to
fixing the problem.

Don't EVER call me a rider out there eager to "earn those miles and points"
cause that isn't who I am. The fastest 50 I have ever done was around 7
hours so I am no speed demon. I am far more interested in the miles than
points.

I am offended that you think that I don't care about horses dying.

So Howard, IF (and that's the really big question) new rules will truly
prevent horses from dying and still keep the "integrity" of the sport called
endurance, I'll be the first one on board. And Howard, I am not a flag
waving member of the "I hate Howard Club" (yet!) and I do believe that you
are passionate about this issue. But, I am getting really tired of all your
proselytizing.
Let's leave it to the HWC and see what they come up with. That's the end of
my tirade and I am truly not trying to offend anyone, Truman and Howard
included:)

Lauren
Double 8 Ranch
Cody, WY