Re: [RC] [Guest] New Rider Proposals and Other Thoughts (LONG) - Sundaez

In a message dated 12/12/2003 7:03:25 PM Pacific Standard Time, ridecamp-moderator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Don't tell me the ride isn't
rocky and have me drive for 5 hours  one way to find it is quite
rocky.  That is BS.  Don't tell me  you don't need pads for the rocks when
the ride manager uses EASY BOOTS on all 4 feet.  That pissed me off.  Don't
tell me there is PLENTY of water at base camp for rigs to fill up for a 5
day ride across dry desert when it takes 18 minutes for a 5 gallon bucket
to fill up with the available well system.  That pissed me off.  22 rigs
took a long time to get filled up that Sunday night. Don't tell me that you
don't cash the checks until the 5 day ride is over when you are taking them
to the bank on Sunday night before the ride starts. That pissed me off.  I
didn't like to wait for my refund when all our horses were lame in 2 days.
If you are the ride manager- you should know the condition of the
trail.  You should know how prolific the water pump system is at base camp.
Well...maybe you need to learn self reliance?

(ducking and running and praying I never run into you at a ride!) <vbg>

I'm only saying this because my first ride was the ride from hell and I loved it because I went into it with no expectations, prepared (in my own naive way) to take the ride as it came to me. Many experienced riders pulled and bitched and moaned and some left after 2 miles. I rode slow and dealt.

Mel...getting herself in trouble on ridecamp this a.m.

Mel