[RC] all the proposals... - Jenna Pywell

"IF (and that's the really big question) new rules will truly
prevent horses from dying and still keep the "integrity" of the sport
called
endurance, I'll be the first one on board."

I may be wrong, but i honestly do not see the harm in simply 'trying' a couple of these ideas. I believe this is one of the points that Howard has been trying to make, the fact is NOTHING appears to be being done (and by this i am not insinuating that y'all don't care). These discussions are great but the next step is to ACT on them. Try some of these ideas out, see if they do prevent some casulties if they don't then i am positive we will be no worse off, all we have is something to possibly gain by putting these ideas to the test...Many of us do the right thing by our own animals why shouldn't we extend that to other peoples animals. Sometimes a gentle nudge in the right direction is all a rider may need to wise up and realize that they are treading on thin ice. At least, lets say we explored such avenues and they did or did not work instead of shooting them down; i mean really when it comes down to it what is 4 slower paced rides???
Finally, in Howards defense, i DO believe he truly cares (come on people that has to count for something) and i do not think by pushing these ideas he thinks that he cares the most. But it is hard and frustrating, horses are dying and no-one (correct me if i am wrong) can fully explain why. So surely, this is the time to start digging? And most of all STOP blaming, yes, people make mistakes these things do happen but if we work at preventing and educating ourselves and others (i am well aware that many already do) then maybe we will see some results (maybe we wont) but shoot, at least we can say we tried before allowing these horses to have died in vain. At that point i think we can say that our sport has integrity, because right now horses are getting into trouble and i don't believe their is much integrity to be had in that ...Ok, time for me to go back to my hole...BTW all this is JMHO... :)

...I got me some horses to ride on, to ride on...they say that my demons can't go there, so i got me some horses to ride on, to ride on...(Tori Amos)

poisonousdwarf@xxxxxxxxx
*** Jenna ***

BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be.