Re: [RC] new riders. - Sundaez

In a message dated 12/12/2003 10:25:45 AM Pacific Standard Time, CatfishDaniels@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
  Riding with a mentor will only make newbies "rely" on the mentor.
LOL...are you serious? Help! I'm addicted to my mentor!

Seriously...I am moving up to 50's and am riding with a mentor for my first 50. (the same mentor I rode with my first 25 and guess what...I didn't "rely" on him after that...in fact...I don't recall relying on him at all!  I just flat DON"T have the experience of what my horse will be like at mile 40. I know my horse...I know her better than anyone else, but someone who has thousands of miles might be able to see something I can't. Or maybe they know how to pace better, or maybe they know the trail better. There is just no substitution for experience.

Mel