[RC] ARE NEWBIES KILLING HORSES? - MARDEBLINE

  From what I have seen and read NO - it is the high profile riders and rides.  So why make so many new rules for new riders, education seems to be the best defense.  I know in my ride group we have spent hours talking to other riders who have been around for a long time (that have very good horses that constantly do well without treatment, excessive cooling down, etc.) and read more and have made our own decision on how we are going to ride and take care of our horses.
   It seems the group that needs to be addressed by the HWC, etc., is the hot shoes not the newbies. Some of these people have forgotten what endurance is - TO FINISH IS TO WIN - it is not all about business or an ego trip, it is about care of the horse on a long ride and to finish that ride with a healthy happy horse and if you have done your homework, (lots of training) you may just top 10.

  The day riding stops being fun for me and my horse I will quit.
Deb.