[RC] LA Times Article - Catfish Daniels

Just wondered what you thought of the LA times article. As for myself - hmmm...I thought it was terriffic that Endurance got publicity, and many of my non-horse friends called me up and thought it was a great article, and they even got excited about the sport.

But was it just me not reading it right, or is there something goofy about the "finish line part"??? If I recall, the last time they mentioned Michel Bloch (First middle weight and 2nd overall), was when they talked about the 30 some mile mark when he talked about his horse sleeping, thinking that he was finished for the day. Then they talked about people wrapped up in horse blankets waiting for the finishers to come in, and that the first ones they spotted were Hoeft and Denny, followed by Crocket. ?????? What happened to the REAL first two finishers - Michel Bloch being one of them? There was no mention of them at that point, or did I get that all wrong?

Thought it was great for them to mention the real risks and pitfalls of our sport, but also felt they went overboard and didn't mention enough about some of the amazing sides of it, like Crocket Dumas and a couple of others finishing both 100 and 50 mile races on one horse - sound and healthy. I mean, that sort of thing is worth mentioning, isn't it? What about the time the riders put into their training, the discipline, etc. It all sounded like we're just a bunch of crazies doing something rather uncomfortable, who risk the lives of our horses and don't have a clue why we enjoy doing it. Perhaps it's just the way I interpreted it.

Catfish

Winterize your home with tips from MSN House & Home. http://special.msn.com/home/warmhome.armx