[RC] OT/Tb gentlemen in SE needs placing - Laurie Durgin

I am beginning to try to find a nice home for Champ. He is my daughters X-hunter, eventer. (was ridden western and neckrained when we got him.) I could probably sell him fairly easy, but what is essential is a good situation for him. He is very much a gentlemen. Very good manners. Anyone can ride him. He always placed in hunters with her and she has gone on to be a trainer/instructor now.He trailrides, not spooky (unless you hit him with a whip) . Gets along with other horses quite well. He is friendly with people, and will hunt for carrots ,if he thinks you have something for him. He has been a favorite at the barns my daughter took him to.All her trainers wanted him for a lesson horse.He shoes ,loads and clips fine.
He is 16-19 depending on the vet. Was tatooed, but one # is partly erased. We were told he was 11; 4 years ago. He had a torn synovial joint in his knee resulting (after being drained, reseted , injected and healed) in a 'bulgy knee' ,cosmetic blemish (never lame on it). He has lost 15% of the rotation in that knee. He has TB feet and is ouchy on rocky terrain unless shod. He gets some thrush in really wet conditons.He is misssing one molar on top, so has to be floated yearly.
I'd like to see him in a situation where someone just wants to love on him and ride him some or as a companion pasture ornament, or light showing. My daughter didn't want to push him over 3 ft. because it would break him down sooner and she would have to start injecting him, and she didn't want to do that to him. She is afraid to sell him and find him starved at some auction some day.She even talked about putting him down rather than risk that.
He needs a blanket in winter (comes with him) and shelter. He can be a hard keeper. On local hay , he has free access and I give him 5-7 lbs. pellets , 2 lbs. soaked beet pulp and a cup of oil --2X A DAY.. He did start to get fat when I changed the grain, so have been cutting him back. On good pasture he gets fat, and on 'rich hay' he does well.
He might also make a nice 'handicapped' horse for larger riders.(small children and beginners have ridden him/he changes with the riders level).But I don't want him to be a lesson horse that is worked hard.
I really can't afford to keep him, it's an economic issue.He has been standing around for a year and is doing nothing. I have been waitng for my daughter to kind of deplug from him, but she has been living at the trainers family for 7 months now so it is time to do something. And he has use in him yet and deserves a good home.We are located in Atlanta metro and have a trailer, so if any body knows of a situation that would be a good match let me know. Laurie

Wonder if the latest virus has gotten to your computer? Find out. Run the FREE McAfee online computer scan! http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963