[RC] Horse church post - Kathie Ford

These are neat posts to read.  I also love riding my horse on the trails and having what I feel is a previlage to view the beauty of creation and all its wonders; and to be on the back and in partnership with such an awesome animal that not only carries you, but is also most likely (and hopefully) enjoying this experince too!!

But this made me think of something I read in my bible this year.  Don't mean to preach at all, but thought this was really neat to share for those who love horses and other animals.

It is Job, chapter 39.  God is asking Job some serious questions about what He made.  He goes thru describing many animals; ie, the donkey, ostrich etc.  But this is what is written in regards to the horse:

"Have you given the horse its strength or clothed its neck with a flowing mane? Did you give it the ability to leap forward like a locust?  Its majestic snorting is something to hear!  It paws the earth and rejoices in its strength!  When it charges to war, it is unafraid.  It does not run from the sword.  The arrows rattle against it, and the spear and javlin flash.  Fiercely it paws the ground and rushes forward into battle when the trumpet blows.  It snorts at the sound of the bugle.  It senses the battle even at a distance...It quivers at the noise of battle and the shout of the captains commands.

I thought this was cool, and it reminded me of an endurance ride at the start! LOL!  And, don't you all love seeing their lovely beautiful manes  flow in the wind?  I sure do!

Anyway, though some might enjoy this!

back to lurking!

take care all,

kathie