Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003 9:54 AM
Subject: [RC] Wintec ands saddle pads again

Since there are obviously so many Wintec users out there, at least from Truman?s saddle poll results, this should be an easy question.

Which saddle pads fit the Wintec Endurance Pro best?  I like a saddle pad that covers the entire sweat flap, with just a bit of ?show? on the edges (I?ve actually show in this saddle, so unfortunately looks are important).  Dressage pads are generally too narrow in the flap, endurance pads are generally too short in the flap, A/P pads are too short and seem to be angled wrong in the flap.  I need a pad basically to protect the saddle from the horse and also to protect from rubs.  I don?t need orthopedic support, special inserts, etc.  I prefer not to use multiple pads.  The saddle and I both seem to be fitting the mare perfectly at the moment and I tend to go the less is more route.  And with the CAIR panels on the saddle, an extra gel or air pad would probably be overkill.

I prefer fleece pads for their comfort value and overall prettiness, but will try anything twice.  Currently I use either 1) a Toklat trail pad (fleece bottom, cloth top, pockets on sides or 2) a heavy felt pad designed for an Aussie saddle.  The Toklat pad is just a shade short in the flap that I can?t use the girth keeper loops at the bottom.  The Aussie pad is too long in the flap by about 4 inches on each side.  None of the myriad A/P pads or dressage pads I have fit this saddle well enough for my taste.  I haven?t tried a western pad design yet, but just eyeball measurements indicate they would be too short also.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

-Tamara

www.aelfleahfarm.com

Aelfleah Farm