Re: Fwd: RE: [RC] Saddle Poll - Truman Prevatt

When you look at the number of saddles out there it is pretty prohibitive to list them all. There are also saddle makers out there that no one has probably every heard of that makes good saddles that a few riders may use. There is no really clean way to put them into categories. For example one category might be Free and Easy, RactorPanel and OrthoFlex: they are "panel saddles." On the other hand the Free and Easy and ReactorPanel could just as eaisly go in the English category and OrthFlex in the "western endurance style."

I suspect that the higherst category will be "not listed," but hopefully it is on the order of less than 25% so the other 75% can be identified.

Right now there seems to be three plateaus - Wintec and Sports saddle with 15% each, the Orthoflex with 10% and the ReactorPanel, Abetta and Annie George in the 5% to 7% range. Those combined account for 58% of the saddles used by those responding to the poll.

Truman

Milinda Ellis wrote:
It's probably because a lot of us use saddles that
aren't technically "endurance saddles" and/or made by
saddlers who specialize in this area.  Personally,
folks in my family and entourage tend to use dressage
saddles on trail. Our huntsman rides in her Stubben
A/P as that's what she hunts in and is used to.

Volunteering at rides gives you lots of opportunity to
observe what other people use (and besides, I admit to
having a saddle fetish).  I see lots of "other"
saddles used in endurance that don't fit the named
categories in this poll.

Milinda Ellis
Beargrass Cleveland Bays
Jewett, Texas
--- Jennifer Layman <jenn_layman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You "not listed" is pretty high... wonder if there
is one or two saddles falling in that catagory that
should be mentioned.

Jennifer

http://photos.yahoo.com/