Re: [RC] odd gaited horses - Sullivan

We think  it is odd too, but then again, it is an odd horse....most laid-back Anglo Arab I have ever seen.  As it seems to be both faster and smoother than her regular walk, we are thinking this is a good thing!  I wonder if it is a conformation thing...this mare is built pretty uphill, and has big withers and shoulders, wide chest.
Karen
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 6:02 PM
Subject: [RC] odd gaited horses

Most Standardbreds that are pacers will walk on the pace.  My friend has a Russian Trakenher stallion that walks on the pace also.  Although, he doesn't do it so much anymore as they are trying to correct it.  It is a fatal flaw in a dressage horse:)))). (as far as scoring goes).  I think it is odd that an Anglo-Arab does it.