[RC] The Joint Issues -again - Roger Rittenhouse

I see this subject is making the rounds again.
Suggest a read in THE HORSE this month. They did a review of the oral
flex product CORTA-FLEX.
Their analysis was the glucosamine Sulfate was better then any
others. They claim it worked.

I have stated before and still believe we should be taking better care
of the joint of our horses and ourselves.
I have found the glucosamine to work the best. Appears the sulfates
will absorb better.

I look for the best price in a pure glucosamine sulfate. You find it mixed with
Vit C. I have been using Vita Flex and or Uckele
I feed 5000mg per day. Some products mix both HCl and SULFATE. No so
sure that is needed.

I see no reason for   the liquid versions.
I do not recommend other herb anti- inflammatory products such as
Devils claw, MSM , etc.
I see no problem with the use of these nutri pharmaceuticals if
needed to fix a problem, but a horse that needs this in the diet all the
time should not be competed.
I want to keep the joint healthy and well lubricated and control the
DJD and arthritis that all endurance horses will develop. Just from hard
use and age.
I try these products my self and can 'feel' the results.
 I have been testing some products from another natural horse vet,
 www.thenaturalhorsevet.com   I think thats it.

 ALL - I mean ALL - these 'natural' nutra ceutical  companies use the
 same line and LOTS of testimony from 'users'
 I include ABC,  who I really like and use some of their products as
 well as Dynamite, Springtime Feeds, Natural Horse Vet, Vita
 Flex..etall,
 all use the same rhetoric.
 Actually the catalog from Uckele is really worth the information and
 well written without too much BS or HS..
 It is up to the rider-user to figure out what works for the horse and
 what is cost effective. The same logic applies to what we take to improve
 our health and well being.

 I am also trying a oral form of HA  - I wont try to spell that- same
 stuff they inject in the hocks/joints. Not sure it will work. Studies
 seem to indicate it may. I have Conquer have tried it on the horses.
 I will see how it works later this year on me  its only HA sulfates.

 Vita Flex now has a powder form out.

 I still believe a shot of adeaquen once a month supplemented with oral
 GLu is a good protocol to follow. I am using the knock off brand.
 Chronoprotect.
 Of course last year we did not use much since we did not ride...

 That is just my update on the subject.

Roger Rittenhouse
www.vmaxept.com
800 655 8629