[RC] Thanks Stagg - Becky and Dennis Prunty

Just wanted to let you know how much I've appreciated your recent advice and encouragement to those of us who have yet to do a 100 miler. I began riding competitve events back in the late 70s and finally prgressed to 50 mile endurance. After a devastating riding accident in 1993 I took up 25 mile limitied distance when I was able to ride again. Yes I have suffered from the "you aren't a real endurance rider anymore" mentality from some at rides. With a brand new little coming four year old to start I find myself still dreaming of 50 and 100 milers again. I believe the 100 mile mentor idea is one of the best I have heard in a long time.
 When I began in this sport I loved how people all helped each other. I can remember getting advice on mixing and dosing electrolytes from Joanne Gernant at one of my first rides in the pitch dark the night before I rode. As ride manager Dee Mielke sent a ride packet full of training information and an encouraging hand written letter of invitation when I sent for advice to do my first novice ride of 12.5 miles.  She didn't make me feel I was doing a less worthwhile mileage than everyone else.
My new filly is bred to do the distance and maybe I can move back up. I wish more people realized that there are lots of reasons why many people or sometimes their horses can't do 100 milers. I hope they treasure every 100 miler they ride because that's a gift to them. I realized that in 1993 and it's been a long fight back to the dream.
Anyway Stagg thanks from all us "little people". Does anyone know if AERC would be interested in expanding on the mentoring idea. Something like the Discovery Farms idea that !AHA has? In a few years I hope to be seriously looking for a mentor. Hey Joanne?