Re: [RC] Leatherwood - RBluebirdpr

In a message dated 01/26/2003 9:50:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, mmansuetti@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Can anyone out there tell me about Leatherwood?  How "extreme" is it?  Is it worse than Salt Lick KY?  It sounds like a really pretty place to go ride but I am wondering about the word "extreme" in their title?

Thanks,
Alicia in SC

Hi Alicia,

I help put the ride on.  Leatherwood is a beautiful ride but don't bring an out of shape horse.  Lots of long climbs, woodsy trails with some rock (but not much). We have about 7 endurance riders that board and train here full time.  We added the extreme to the ride name because of the comments that experienced riders made about the ride after the first year.  It's a fun ride and we have a lot of return riders that love it.  Come on up and enjoy the views of some beautiful mountains.

Phil Rash