Re: [RC] AAA vs US Rider - Bette Lamore

Isn't this the way with all insurance--- they'll only give it to you if you never need to use it--- and if you do, you get cancelled or your rates double for the next 3 years... My son has had 3 fender benders (one done by his girlfriend---ex now-- and one was a hit and run) and we couldn't claim any of them without risk of losing our ranch policy. Insurance companies are cancelling right and left. I think I'll look into US Rider--- if they will actually pay on a claim without crucifying you for it.
Bette

I was told by AAA that the insurance for the horse trailer was extra and you had to qualify for it. Since my son (on our membership at the time) had already called them a zillion times due to his locking his keys in the car, we no longer had "good enough standing" to qualify-- had something to do with points (?) to get the towing package. At least that is what they told us three years ago--- haven't tried since. Bette

Wendy Mancini wrote:
> Basically, AAA does not cover the horse trailer, esp. if horses are
> in it. Burned out my axel with 2 horses aboard on my way from NJ to
> ME. AAA gave us some names of places to call ourselves. We finally
> found someone to help but then had to deal with transporting the
> horses. Only through helpful people & a cell phone did we get out of
> that mess.
> Got US Rider now just for that kind of emergency. Kept AAA & they
> were ready to come & haul me out when I got my truck stuck in a VT ditch
> at 2 AM while crewing for a 100 mi friend. Another crew came along &
> hauled me out before AAA.
> For the peace of mind - I've kept both. AAA for the truck & US
> Rider for the trailer & horses. Partly because I'm a woman & I'm
> usually driving alone & to rides, often as long as 12 hrs away from home.

-- Bette Lamore Whispering Oaks Arabians Home of 16.2h TLA Halynov who lives on through his legacy Hal's Riverdance! http://www.arabiansporthorse.com

Always remember: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away." (George Carlin)