[RC] AAA services - Jonni Jewell

I called AAA, and they don't cover horse trailers (roadside assistance),
at least not here in S. CA. <<<

From the AAA of So. Cal web site:
<http://www.aaa-calif.com/members/summary.asp#rvtow>

**Get Roadside Assistance For Your RV And Motorcycle, Too
Feel more secure in your recreational vehicle or while riding your
motorcycle.* with our optional RV and Motorcycle Towing and RV Tire Change
Service. It entitles you to up to four RV or motorcycle towing and RV tire
change service calls a year for your RV, motor home or motorcycle. It also
covers your horse- or boat- trailer, 5th wheel trailer, or tent camper -
whether you own, borrow, or rent it. And each RV service call provides
coverage of up to $200 - that's an $800 value for just pennies a day extra.
Call 1-800-444-4485 in Southern California for RV and motorcycle towing and
RV tire change service. (Outside Southern California, call 1-800-AAA-HELP.)
**

Southern Calif. AAA was one of the few AAA nationwide that actually listed
HORSE TRAILERS under their RV service package. Each AAA regional
organization differs. Not all offer the same services or packages. I had
always thought they were the same nationwide, but not so. If you live in So.
Calif., and get the RV service, and need a tow while traveling out of the
service area, you may need to pay the local agency, and get reimbursed by
AAA-So. Cal. I also always carried the RV Service brochure with me that
stated HORSE TRAILER, as the above web site info does.

When I moved to Texas, I found out AAA did not cover horse trailers, and
they even fuss about dually trucks. So, we went with USRider instead.  When
I joined USRider, I asked them if I was at a ride way up in the middle of
Wyoming, out in the middle of nowhere, on a dirt road, would they come to my
rescue if I broke down. They said "Yes,no problem, but of course it might
take us longer to get to you". Sold.......

Make sure what ever roadside assistance you have, that you KNOW if they will
cover your rig or not. Some will tell you they will haul horse trailer, but
not if they have a live load.....<sigh> (sure, I drive around all the time
with a horse trailer and no horses......)

Jonni