[RC] training new horse - larry Miller

My young one learned most of his stuff on trail.  I ponied him with an experienced horse, did everything I could think of while ponying him including voice commands.  Then I rode him with the experienced horse.  Then I rode him alone.  I also took my time, probably the first time in my life that I was not in a hurry.  All the stuff on trail that he experienced just built up his knowledge as well our trust in each other.  So do whatever you are comfortable with.  Jeanie