[RC] Training a new Horse- Ideas - Vchorsegal

I like to haul the new guys to our local shows, gymkhanas or rail.  Our local riding club has showgrounds with small pipe corrals to use.  I have found this a great way for a youngster to haul to a new place, eat and drink, and watch horses fly by from a safe distance.  Sometimes they pitch a fit, but who cares -as long as they are safe. Usually they settle in nicely, and we can walk them around, or lunge them in a warm up pen, or even ride them, if they are mentally competent at that point ! This can also teach them to deal with separation anxiety, as I park my rig nearby, and they watch their veteran pals come on go from class to class throughout the day. - Heidi Helly