[RC] Whoops! Wrong Subject Line--really Temp - Dabney Finch

Sorry about that.  I mistakenly sent this in response to the negative reaction to worming post, when it should have been responding to someone's question as to whether the temp could be accurate if taken under the saddle.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Equimax -- Anyone Else Having a Negative Reaction?

My friend Linda Morelli and I tested it at all the VCs on the Cinquento Anos ride.  She took it the "old fashioned" way on my horse too (she's constantly taking her own horse's temps) and I took it under the saddle.  Mine was always exactly 3 degrees lower than her's.  So, yup, I'd say it works--as long as you test it against a rectal a couple of times to see if it's off by a few degrees consistently.