Re: [RC] Equimax -- Anyone Else Having a Negative Reaction? - Dabney Finch

My friend Linda Morelli and I tested it at all the VCs on the Cinquento Anos ride.  She took it the "old fashioned" way on my horse too (she's constantly taking her own horse's temps) and I took it under the saddle.  Mine was always exactly 3 degrees lower than her's.  So, yup, I'd say it works--as long as you test it against a rectal a couple of times to see if it's off by a few degrees consistently.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Equimax -- Anyone Else Having a Negative Reaction?

In a message dated 11/25/2003 6:48:03 PM Central Standard Time, Suvut@xxxxxxx writes:
Last night I wormed both my horses (19 and 5) with Equimax, which is the new wormer that gets tapeworms.  When I brought them in for breakfast this morning, the 19 yo wouldn't finish his grain, had runny manure, and just wanted to lay around in his stall.
Susan, if you believe that your horse had an adverse reaction to the dewormer, you need to report it. Let us know what they tell you. Glad your horse is feeling better. Raven