From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of DVeritas@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 12:29 AM
To: AERCMembersForum@xxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; heart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; kindredspiritrjl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] My Last Words on Matthew's Proposal..then, Adios.

At the "Rapid Pulse Recovery" website, there are a lot of words.  A ton of "philosophy", so-to-speak.  From what I can garner, the following is the crux of Matthew's "proposal":

"Let us say that we begin to tighten up that window, and choose a point that is more stringent and which segregates the participants into:

• 1)Those who are permitted to continue for placing, and
• 2) Those who are permitted to continue for completion.

At every vet check, in order to continue to compete for a placing, your horse must recover to pulse parameters within 15 minutes. If your horse recovers after 15 minutes but before 30 minutes you may continue for completion only. If it takes longer than 30 minutes for your horse to recover, your horse will be eliminated from the competition entirely. At the finish, your horse must recover within 15 minutes in order to get a placing. Between 15 and 30 minutes, your horse is eligible for completion only and longer than 30 minutes and your horse will be eliminated from the competition."