[RC] OT: Mini Moos - Connie Owens

Hi Ridecampers,

Just wondering if anyone out there has experience with mini moos or dwarf cattle? I have many years of cattle husbandry with normal sized cattle (two agriculture degrees, large animal vet tech several years) but have not handled cattle on a daily basis  in a few years. I would like to know if because of the breeding of these animals (for the dwarf gene _expression_) if they are more prone to certain health problems than normal cattle?

The reason is that my barn owner is getting some to keep his ag exemption for his property (we are slowly becoming semi -urban around us).  I manage the barn and horses and he has agreed not to breed any cows until we see what it will take to take care of these cows.  They won't get here until January, he's having a better perimeter fence put in and some metal shelters built.

Any advice is appreciated!

Connie
Ft. Worth, Texas