[RC] kicking filly update and conformation question - A. Perez

 I've had Lexi, 18 month old filly, for five days now, and
have
been messing with her every morning, trying to get her to
tolerate having her feet handled.  Today was a great day!  I
bought a long-handled bath brush, and she let me SCRUB her
rain-rot with it (with medicated gel) with nary a kick!  I've
been using a combination of positive reinforment and mild
negative reinforment as well as tenacity (based on the advise
received here and elsewhere: thanks!), so I guess she has
figured out that I won't give up, so she might was well get
used
to it! Of course tomorrow I may get my head kicked in ;-)

 She is pretty well put together with one exception: her rear
pastern angle is a bit on the flat side, and her suspensories
seem lax.  Not dramtically, but noticible.  Were she an older
horse I'd suspect suspensory damage, but given her age, is that
likely?  I don't think she's had anything (lunging etc) done
with her, so I assume it's not a strain or overuse issue. She
has no swelling, shows no signs of pain or discomfort, runs
around just fine, but when she stands, especially when she
steps
up under herself, her fetlock definatly drops.  For what it's
worth, her pasterns are long, and she has a long sloping
shoulder.  Are weak pasterns something that she may 'grow out
of' as she legs up?  Are there any exercises or anything to
address it?  I'm planning to take photos this weekend: I'll
post
them is I get some decent shots.

Thanks

Get your own "800" number