Re: [RC] [RC] Shock Collar success - Patsy Davis

I appreciate all the comments about the shock collar.  I've been considering the use of one with my very nosy and curious and energetic Golden Retriever that was a stray until she was adopted by us.  She loves to run through the fields but doesn't love to return to me until she has done all her investigating of smells and trails left by other animals.  In an enclosed area, such as the house or barn, she will come to me every time so I know she understands what it means.  I think it is time for her to learn to come EVERY time, not just when it suits her.

Patsy

Jeannie Gillen <jeanniegillen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thank you all for your comments on the shock collar training aid... I borrowed one from my neighbor, including the dummy collar....and followed everyone's good advice..... It took one shock at a low setting....in about 3 different circumstances for him to learn that he must obey my commands, the first time I express them......

Thanks again, this is why I love Ridecamp....

Jeannie Gillen

alternate email: Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now