From: Ibiteraaarr@xxxxxxx [mailto:Ibiteraaarr@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 4:39 PM
To: dleblanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Got my facts straight?

What's my tow vehicle?  Heh, that's a good question. Originally, we were looking at a vehicle that had the power to tow but was also a practical and safe vehicle for a new family. Adam's brother is selling his '97 loaded Grand Cherokee, 5.9L engine, full time 4-wheel drive  V8. As we've looked at more and more trailers, we've both agreed that we need to really start looking at trucks. We have an older truck that can do the hauling locally no problem. Also, the ONLY time we'll be carting around all 3 horses at once, with tack is to go to local trails to ride on the weekends. I very much doubt I'll be able to do any competing for a while, my sister has been preparing her horse for CTR, so traveling to rides will actually be transporting 1 horse, 2 horses tops.
       Since we're going to be looking at trucks now, we'll probably look to see if we can find one that has a gooseneck hitch installed. The reason for the bumper pull previously is that Kristin's truck isn't fitted with a gooseneck hitch, and if we buy the Grand Cherokee to do some towing with, that would be a bumper pull as well. It's sort of up in the air right now, which sounds unusual, but we can't really select what kind of towing vehicle we need until we decide what trailer to go with.
       For everyone who's offered some help and suggestions, I've kept all of it as notes to help me out. I will be taking a friend of mine who's family has a ranch so he can help me out in evaluating the trailer as well. Many thanks to everyone!

Liz