[RC] Devastating end to most successful ride in 22 years - Linda Parrish

Zoom Zoom was found on November 12 by a family of hunters who were out trying to find the deer that one had shot. In tracking the deer, the guys found Zoom Zoom's body.
They went back to their camp and tried to call Becky Young, the horses' owner. All she could get before the connection broke was that there was some guy named Gary at the horse camp trying to call her. So she called us and asked if we could check it out.
It was a convoluted way of doing things, but acting as the go-between ended up being the simplest way. We found two of the hunters still trying to find that magical 'spot' where they could get the phone to work. After talking for a while and setting a time to go out the next day with them, we came home and had to make the hardest phone call back to Becky.

Yesterday, we were taken to within 150 yards of the same spot where Becky and Zoom Zoom had last parted ways. The hunters were very respectful in all ways. After their offer to help was declined, they stayed at their 4-wheelers while Bo pulled the saddle and bridle off and I cut the tail hairs off for Becky's keepsake. The horse had been dead for several days, so there was no way to get the mane for her.

Thus it ends.....

Linda and Bo Parrish