Re: [RC] "endurance friendly" jobs - RUNAWAYWOM

? I'm curious (and kind of burned out at my current job).? For those of
you that work, what kinds of jobs do you have that are "endurance
friendly', in that it allows you time to ride and condition, not to
mention have time off on the weekends to attend rides

Dede,
      I am a Registered Nurse in the operating room and work for the Veterans Administration. One great benefit is 26 vacation days,10 Holidays, and 13 sick days a year. I use more than half my vacation days as Fridays off the day before the ride.
I have to take call occasionally but I always schedule it or trade to a weekend when there are no rides. I make enough to live comfortable and still compete 3 endurance horses.
     Have you ever thought of being a nurse? There is a real shortage now and it is a very rewarding career. Tomorrow is Veterans day and I have the day off, but have volunteered to give flu shots to the Veterans at the park in the morning, but in the afternoon I will be training for the ride next weekend.
Roxanne
South East,